Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread Wax: Lesson learned. Not even ONCE. *updated with promised photo*

Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
im very glad people are seeing the light about wax finally. it was a bane to dreads everywhere and sadly even dreads arent spared of viral marketing and destruction for pure profit. SE, you have made a difference in the lives of so many people, and i thank you every day for this site.

soaringeagle said:

more ppl are le4arning all the time since this sites existed only 2 years theres been a huge reduction in waxy disasters and both knottyboy and dreadheadhq are now well known scams they are fading away quickly

updated by @jackal: 07/24/15 07:05:28PM
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
All last month I found myself lurking in the Ethnic hair supply section of various stores. I was soooo tempted to pick up some Australian Beeswax or Sulfur 8 Beeswax but something told me to just calm my tits and let my dreads grow. Now I see horror stories all over the web and I am glad I just left that stuff alone.
Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts

I remember the first video I looked at showing how to put dreads in (or whatever you want to call those waxy yukky sausages that hang from peoples heads) having folks who lived in the islands for 20 years I know that dreadlocks have to just form ..they can be ripped and shapped a bit but not with "product"

anyway I watched that video and this guys hair was ruined by the globs of wax she put on after backcombing ..I was stunned and thought "where the hell does the dirt go but into those sticky things?"

really I can only imagine how gross it would be to play with my husbands hair and have my fingers get stuck in the disgusting mess this could become

and it is not like they apply a little bit ..oh know she was gobbing it on like shaving cream

yuk

I am glad I found this site ..I did know I was going natural because to me there is absolutely no point at this point in my life to do anything else ..dreads should happen ...not be forced in my opinion

but boy oh boy have I gotten some good tips here so thanks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow just saw the pic thats a massive dread u get wax i n that theres no getting it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts

lol yah it was massive. a lot of my dreads from back then were that big, i only had 14-16 when i started. that big one was ripped into 3 over a year ago (i was ripping it when i took the photo) and now i have like 36 dreads lol. im so glad i ripped them, mine take half the day to dry as it is, i dont even wanna think about having to dry those mammoths i used to have

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it was almost as thick as your arm..

thats crazy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus